TECH P A LTD TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
TECH P A LTD (“TECH P A”), owners of the TECH P A brand name, trademarks and intellectual property provides on-site computer maintenance, support and consulting services (“the services”) to London and the surrounding area. The services are provided to the Customer subject to the following Terms and Conditions of Service. The Customer agrees that by confirming a booking the Customer agrees to the Terms and Conditions of Service set out herein.
This Agreement shall be governed by English Law and subject to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Appointments and Rates
1. TECH P A will attend the Customer’s premises at the pre-arranged time. The Customer will pay for the services provided, at the following rates:
Call-out (including the first hour’s attendance) £70.00 For each subsequent half hour or part there-of – £35.00
Call-out (including the first hour’s attendance) £80.00 For each subsequent half hour or part there-of – £40.00
2. The Customer shall remain at the Customer’s home or premises while TECH P A employees are in attendance.
3. Any parking or congestion charges incurred will be charged to the customer
1. Cancellation of any appointment must be advised to TECH P A no later than twenty four hours prior to an appointment. TECH P A reserves the right to invoice any Customer where cancellation occurs less than twenty four hours prior to any appointment.
1. If the engineer can offer a solution but the customer chooses not to proceed then the customer will be charged for the time spent on site to that point.
2. If the engineer is only prevented from resolving a problem because the customer does not possess the appropriate software disks or product serial numbers the customer will be charged for the time spent on site to that point.
3. If the engineer diagnoses a fault with a customer’s Internet Service Provider, even when the ISP attempt to deny any fault the customer will be charged our standard rates for the time spent on- site.
1. The Customer will pay TECH P A the amount stated on the invoice/work report at the time TECH P A attends the Customer’s premises. TECH P A will attend the Customer’s premises for the period agreed by the Customer prior to or at the commencement of the appointment. TECH P A will endeavour to diagnose and/or remedy the problem(s) described by the Customer at the commencement of the appointment. If the problem(s) has not been remedied at the end of the first hour of TECH P A attendance, TECH P A will discuss with the Customer the options available. The Customer may ask TECH P A to continue working on the problem(s) or make a further appointment. The Customer may terminate the appointment at any time. On termination the Customer will pay TECH P A the amount incurred in respect of any additional time, if any, beyond the first hour’s attendance. Payment is to be made via guaranteed cheque, cash, transfer or credit/debit card. In the event of non-payment or default TECH P A will charge interest at the rate of 15% per annum from the date of the invoice up to and including the date payment is made in full.
2. Where payment terms have been agreed between TECH P A and the Customer, all invoices are due for payment within 30 days of the invoice date. Any invoice outstanding beyond this period will be referred to debt collection agency and will be subject to a surcharge of 15% to cover the collection costs incurred. This surcharge together with all other charges and legal fees incurred will be the responsibility of the customer and will be legally enforceable.
1. TECH P A accepts no liability in respect of any problem(s) it may not remedy due to any matter beyond its control including but not limited to the age, specification or condition of the Customer’s
hardware or software, Customer’s failure to provide appropriate software discs, drivers or product
serial numbers or any fault with the Customer’s Internet Service Provider.
2. The Customer hereby confirms that a full back-up of the Customer’s hard-drive has been made
prior to TECH P A commencing the services and that there is no legal restriction or impediment to
TECH P A providing services to the Customer.
3. Under no circumstances shall TECH P A be liable either in contract, tort or otherwise, to the
Customer, its employees, agents, or any third party, for any injury or damages, including without limitation, any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages, expenses, costs, profits, lost savings or earnings, interruption to business activity, lost or corrupted data, or other liability arising out of, or related to the services provided by TECH P A or out of the installation, de- installation, use of, or inability to use the Customer’s computer equipment, hardware, software or peripherals. The Customer will, upon demand, indemnify TECH P A in respect of any loss, damage or injury arising from the provision of the services. For the avoidance of doubt TECH P A has no liability for Customer data lost or damage incurred in any circumstances whatsoever.
1. TECH P A will maintain the confidentiality of the Customer’s files and/or data and undertakes not to provide any Customer information to any third party save in the event it is lawfully required to do so.
TECH P A reserves the right to refuse the provision of services for any reason including but not limited to circumstances such as the presence of unlicensed or illegal software or material or material of an obscene or pornographic nature on a Customer’s computer. If for such reason TECH P A terminates the services the Customer shall be liable for and pay to TECH P A, at that time, the charges incurred in respect of time spent, in accordance with clause 3 above.
Goods provided by TECH P A
1. TECH P A may make recommendations to the Customer or the Customer may request that a product be provided by TECH P A in order that TECH P A can perform the services. All expressed or implied warranties, description, representations and conditions as to fitness or suitability for any purpose in respect of the services, including in respect of any product, including but not limited to any item of software, hardware or peripheral provided by TECH P A, are expressly excluded. For the avoidance of doubt, TECH P A has no liability as to the suitability for the performance of the services, of any product manufactured, sold or supplied by any third party, whether or not that product has been recommended to the Customer by TECH P A. Any hardware, software or equipment provided to the Customer shall remain the property of TECH P A until full payment is received.
1. Software and Hardware sold by TECH P A are subject to the terms of the relevant manufacturer’s warranty. All other warranties expressed or implied are hereby excluded.
Return Visit & Complaints Policy
1. In the event of any dissatisfaction with the service provided by TECH P A, the Customer should immediately contact TECH P A on 020 8543 8242. TECH P A will make an appointment for a return visit by a TECH P A engineer. The engineer will endeavour to rectify the problem. If the cause of the dissatisfaction was due to a matter beyond the control of TECH P A, the Customer shall pay for the additional time incurred at TECH P A normal rates. If the problem arose directly as a result of TECH P A previous attendance, within a thirty day period, no further charge shall be made.